About the Book
Recipe Nutrient Analysis: Best practices for calculation and chemical analysis
Recipe Nutrient Analysis: best practices for calculation and chemical analysis is a step-by-step guide for determining the nutrients in recipes and contains practical advice and a collection of resources you won’t find anywhere else.
This resource is a ‘must have’ for anyone who calculates the nutrients in recipes - including cookbooks authors, newspaper and magazine food editors and professionals analyzing recipes for restaurants or other food service venues.
This book, which is the first and only of its kind, serves as a “how to” guide for calculated analysis and creates a foundation for standards of practice in this area.
- A discussion of the importance of accurate nutrient analysis
- An overview of chemical and calculated analysis
- A “how to” guide for calculated analysis
- A summary of how to account for cooking and handling procedures
- A description of cooking platforms and their impact on nutrient content
- Detailed considerations for specific food groups
- A primer on disclosing food allergies
- An overview of regulatory considerations
- Guidance for consultants
- Appendices full of useful resources
View a sample of the book